Polish rust metal, cutting tiles, or cutting metal is common in daily construction work. You can use a wire brush to polish metal, a tile cutter to cut tile, and a hacksaw to cut thin metal. Using these tools can be effective but in this era, we talk about efficiency in work as well.
A grinder can provide effectiveness and efficiency. You can polish or cut metal easily with a grinder. Among the variety, a 4-1/2 inch angle grinder is suitable for cutting almost anything – from metalwork to tiles.
Having said that, finding the best 4 1/2 angle grinder is a challenging task. You need to consider the disc size, speed, switch, and others. As a newbie, considering all those factors when picking a grinder becomes even tougher.
Let’s check out our review on 4-1/2 inch angle grinders to understand the right one for your next project.
Best 4 1/2 Angle Grinder Review and Buying Guides
Hundreds of options are available online. Going through all options is not a cup of tea. We have narrowed down the list to reduce your effort in finding the best 4-1/2 inch angle grinders.
And also suggesting our top 3 recommendations here.
Though thousand of features and work stability, every grinder don’t have same features and sturdiness. It varies from brand to brand along with product to product.
However, we’ve already mentioned about in a shortlist above, now let go into deep and reveal hidden the truth on consideration things while buying an angle grinder.
1. Dewalt DCG412B- Best 4 1/2 inch angle grinder
- 8,000 rpm motor provides high power for cutting and grinding applications for the angle grinder
- DEWALT grinder comes with Quick-Change Wheel Release allowing tool free wheel removal without need for a wrench
- Tool-free guard of the metal grinder allows for quick and easy guard adjustments/positioning
The search for the best 4 1/2 angle grinder starts with the Dewalt DCG412B 4-1/2” grinder. Its high-power motor can generate up to 8,000-rpm power. You can grind and cut through any metal with this power. The 20v Lithium-Ion battery provides a longer working time. Install a 5A battery and run up to 20 minutes continuously.
Along with the power and run time, it offers easy maneuvering and comfort. The Quick-Change Wheel allows you to remove wheels without using any tool. Besides, you can easily adjust and position the guard for its tool-free guard adjustment feature for the metal grinder. The 2-finger trigger switch delivers a comfortable on/off.
It will also deliver additional comfort gripping the grinder. You will get a lock-off button that prevents any accidental switch on. The 2-position side handle allows the user to enjoy better control while working. Unlike most 4-1/2-inch angle grinders, it is compatible with 5-inch discs as well thanks to its amazing design.
- High power motor to cut and grind easily
- Delivers better control and maneuvering
- Easy on-off with the highest safety
- Tool-free adjustment of wheels and guard
- Compatible 5-inch discs
- The battery life could be better
2. Bosch- Best corded 4.5-inch angle grinder
- Compact: Weighing only 3.75 pounds, the Bosch 1375A Angle Grinder is lightweight, compact, and ideal for metal workers, vehicle fabricators, plumbers and other professionals who use grinders on a daily basis
- Power: The angle grinder features a Powerful 6.0 amp motor to produce 11,000 no load rpm for professional cutting and grinding applications; The Efficient motor was designed with an extremely small field diameter, letting the user grind or cut with ease
- Comfort: The 1375A offers a 2 position side auxiliary handle specifically designed to angle to a natural position for maximum operator comfort; The top handle of the angle grinder is also ergonomically designed
You cannot get long working hours no matter how powerful your grinder battery is. To solve the problem, Bosch 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder 1375A comes into the market. The corded design will provide you unlimited power source until you get your job done. Besides, you will get a powerful 6.0 amp motor to generate up to 11,000-RPM power.
The high power will support grinding and cutting the metal. A small field diameter makes it easier to cut metal. In addition, its 5/8 inches to the 11-inch spindle is compatible with a wide variety of sizes. It can be the best 4.5-inch angle grinder for its Minder Brush System that reduces any guesswork for more precise work.
You will also get a 2-position side auxiliary handle to adjust it at your comfortable angle. The 3.75 pounds weight makes it more comfortable to use. Apart from that, it features an epoxy-coated design to deliver longevity. Its sealed switch keeps dust and debris away from the machine to keep it safe and durable.
- Corded design for unlimited power source
- Powerful motor to cut through any metal
- 5/8 inches to the 11-inch spindle is suitable for different sizes
- 2-position side auxiliary handle for comfort
- Coated and sealed design ensure durability
- Adjusting the guard is a hassle
3. BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder Tool, 4-1/2-Inch, 6 Amp
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and control
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes
The angle grinder should be comfortable and compact to enjoy any welding or construction work. That’s exactly what you will get from BLACK+DECKER Angle Grinder Tool. The 3 Position side handle lets you adjust your handle and make it comfortable. The narrow body will deliver a comfortable grip. You will enjoy working with this grinder.
A 10,000-rpm motor will deliver ample power to cut and grind metal smoothly. Since it features a corded design, the power supply won’t be a problem here. The power and comfort make it a perfect grinder for versatile projects.
Besides, its spindle lock allows you to change accessories with ease. A convenient one-touch release makes on/off easier. You can switch it off fast when the task is done. A Metal gear case comes with it for added durability and longevity. To conclude, it will be a perfect pick for its powerful motor and ergonomic design.
- 3 position handle for comfort
- Narrow-body for better grip
- Powerful corded motor for grind and cut
- Suitable for versatile projects
- Spindle lock allows easy accessories changes
- The on/off switch is hard to operate
4. AVID POWER – Best 4 ½ angle grinder for tile cutting
- Powerful Angle Grinder - Equipped with 7.5 Amps motor with 900W max output power, this portable grinder can produce no-load speed of 11000RPM for most demanding applications.
- Ergonomic Design - Slim, lightweight and compact body design can provide better comfort and reduce fatigue in professional cutting and grinding applications.
- Convenient Operation - Integrated spindle lock on the disc grinder is for quicker and easier abrasive wheels replacement; 2-Position auxiliary handle position for greater control, comfort & versatility in all applications.
AVID POWER 4-1/2 inch Angle Grinder is another excellent option to work with wood, tiles, and metal. It comes with 2 Grinding Wheels to work on versatile projects. Use a spindle lock on the disc grinder to change the wheels anytime you want. The 7.5 Amps motor can deliver an output power of 11000 RPM that shows its capability.
You can cut metal, wood, and tiles while cleaning any rusted metal easily. Slim, lightweight, and compact – the grinder offers an ergonomic body design to deliver comfort and reduce fatigue. You can work continuously without damaging your hand. The fast heat dissipation design keeps the motor cool for an even longer working time.
Its 2-Position auxiliary handle allows setting the handle in a convenient position for greater control. The one-hand safety trigger enables more safe working with it. You will even get a protective cover that will prevent sparks and metal chips to ensure maximum safety to the user.
- Multiple grinding wheels for versatility
- Spindle lock for easy wheel changing
- High powerful motor for different projects
- Ergonomic body design for a comfortable experience
- 2-Position auxiliary handle for more convenient operation
- A little bit noisy
- High performance motor of angle grinder produces 8,500 rpm for aggressive cutting, removal and finishing
- Cast metal gear housing helps dissipate heat during extended use of metal grinder
- Contoured Overmolded Handle of the hand grinder is optimized for increased comfort
PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX Angle Grinder Tool offers flexibility to work for its powerful battery. You don’t have to search for a power source to get your job done anymore, thanks to this grinder. It comes with a 20v battery to provide a long run time. The high-performance motor can deliver 8,500 rpm power for an aggressive cutting.
You can also use the grinder for removal and finishing projects. Besides, the cast metal gear housing dissipates the machine heat to ensure a longer lifespan. When it comes to comfort, you will rarely find a match to this one. The contoured over-molded handle optimizes more comfort and convenience.
Moreover, it features a 3-Position Side Handle. You can adjust the position at a convenient position to provide more control while working. Its spindle lock makes it easier to change wheels. You won’t have any risk while changing it. Finally, the tool-free guard enables easy guard adjustments for a better user experience.
- Offers flexibility of work
- High-performance motor to cut, finish and remove metal
- Cast metal enhances the longevity
- The molded handle offers more comfort
- 3-position handle provides convenient
- Need to purchase the battery separately
6. Milwaukee 2780- Best 4 1/2 angle grinder for the money
Milwaukee 2780-20 M18 model comes into the market to make your life easier. The brushless motor offers great power to do the finishing, removing, and cutting projects. It also ensures 10X longer motor life. Along with that, its intelligence protects the motor from overload and electronic clutch and optimizes performance.
The XC5.0 Battery Pack can offer 2X more run-time when working. Besides, its metal housing and gearing system provide a legendary performance that you can get with the corded Milwaukee grinder. Apart from that, you can enjoy working with it for the thin body design with a better gripping facility.
It also features an anti-vibration side handle to get more comfort and control to your project. The tool-free design allows you to change all accessories without any tool. You can even adjust the guard without a wrench. Overall, the grinder will increase comfort and let you enjoy your work.
- Brushless motor for better performance
- Offers protection against overload and electronic clutch
- Metal housing for added longevity
- Anti-vibration side handle for a comfortable experience
- Tool-free design for easy operation
- Comparatively noisy
7. Makita 9557PBX1- best rated 4 1 2 angle grinder
- Product 1: Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a more compact tool (only 4.5 pounds)
- Product 1: Small diameter barrel grip (only 2 to 1/2 inches) for added comfort
- Product 1: Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
Our search for the best 4 1/2 angle grinder ends with Makita 9557PBX1 4-1/2″ Angle Grinder. It comes with a 7.5 Amp motor that delivers up to 11, 000-RPM speed to do professional grinding work. The soft-start offers a smooth start-up that saves time.
Besides, it features exclusive labyrinth construction to ensure a better seal to the motor and bearing. Dust and debris cannot get in due to the seal. You will get an extra-large paddle switch that makes switching on/off easier. It is on the side of the motor housing that makes it even easier to use. The lock feature ensures the safety of operation as well. A spindle lock is there that allows the user to change wheels easily.
It even offers “tool-less” wheel guard adjustment to fasten the work. When it comes to comfort, the Makita 9557PBX1 is way ahead of its competitor. The mall Circumference Barrel Grip offers comfortable gripping to reduce fatigue during work. You can install the Handle on both sides for more control. Overall, this one can be an excellent choice for its superior power, comfort, and ergonomic design.
- Powerful motor to get professional grinding done
- A soft start to reduce the hassle
- Labyrinth construction for added durability
- Spindle lock and tool-free design for convenient operation
- Comfortable handle to fatigue-free experience
- No overheat protection
Comparison Chart of Best 4.5 Inch Angle Grinder
What AMP Angle Grinder do I need?
For general tasks, a 5-6 amp angle grinder works fine. You can do some mid-range grinding work with this amp range. Some prefer an 11-amp grinder for heavy-duty work. You will even find a 14 amp grinder max since the limit of standard electric output is 15 amp.
The Bosch Angle Grinder 1375A can be a suitable angle grinder with 6-amp output. With its 6.0 amp motor, it can generate up to 11,000-RPM power to do grinding and cutting projects smoothly. You will also have a Minder Brush System to reduce any guesswork. The 2-position side auxiliary handle, epoxy-coated design, and sealed switch make it a suitable choice.
Angle Grinder Attachments Guides
Attaching the angle 4 ½ grinder is not a cup of tea. It takes time and effort. You have to follow the guideline properly to get the job done. Different methods are applied for different grinders. A manual comes with the grinder provided by the company. You need to follow the instructions to ensure accurate attachment.
However, the Makita 9557PBX1 comes fully assembled. When you get the grinder, it will be fully assembled that reduces the hassle of attaching. It comes with a 7.5 Amp motor with 11, 000-RPM speed to do professional grinding work.
Besides, you will get labyrinth construction, extra-large paddle switch, spindle lock, and lots of other features that make it a great choice. If you don’t want any hassle, this one should be a perfect choice.
How deep can a 4.5-inch angle grinder cut?
The deepness of a cut depends on the blade size of a grinder. A 4.5-inch angle grinder features a 4.5-inch diameter. That means it will have a 2.25-inches blade for cutting in each direction. It is not possible for a 4.5-inch grinder to cut beyond that. If you want a deeper cut, make sure to take a grinder with a larger blade.
The Bosch 1375A can be a great choice if you want a deeper cut. Its 5/8 inches to 11-inch spindle is compatible with a wide variety of sizes. You can enjoy a deeper cut when you use this grinder. Along with the deeper cut, it features a 6.0-amp motor to generate up to 11,000-RPM power.
Besides, you will have a small field diameter for easier metal cutting. It even has a Minder Brush System to ensure precise work. You will also get a 2-position side auxiliary handle, epoxy-coated design, and sealed switch that make it a perfect choice.
Which brand is best for angle grinder?
Among hundreds of brands, Dewalt has made its own name in the power tool industry. You will find a wide variety of grinders from them. Among them, the Dewalt DCG412B creates a separate place for its quality.
It has a motor with 8,000-rpm power to cut and grind metal easily. The 20v Lithium-Ion battery provides ample power to work long. You will get Quick-Change Wheel, tool-free guard adjustment, and 2-finger trigger for comfortable operation. It even features a lock-off button, 2-position side handle, and versatile compatibility that makes it a good choice.
Section 8: Buying Guide: How to Choose a 4 1/2 Angle Grinder
As we mentioned, you need to consider many factors when looking for the best 4 1/2 angle grinder. As a newbie, you might find it harder to keep those in mind. So here is the buying guide for you.
You will find different disc sizes and grinders are known for disc sizes. 4 and 5 are common sizes. However, you can go up to 9 inches in size. A larger disc increases the machine size that reduces the usability of the machine. Unless you urgently need a large size, go with the small size.
Some grinders support multiple disc sizes. If you want to purchase such a grinder, make sure it has an easy disc change facility. It should have a tool-free disc change facility that will fasten your work.
Battery and corded are two types of grinders you can have. A battery-powered one offers more convenience and flexibility in work. You need a cord and a power outlet to power up the corded machine. However, the battery cannot provide enough power and long-lasting power.
To handle cutting, finishing, and grinding effectively, having a good RPM speed is important. For that, make sure you pick one with higher motor power. Otherwise, you might not be able to perform the task.
When working, the grinder may be exposed to dust and debris. It can damage the machine and reduce its durability. Make sure your picked one has dust protection so you can enjoy using the grinder for a long time.
A soft start technology will allow the user to start the machine easily. If you want to fasten your working process, having the soft start technology will help you a lot.
All grinders make noise. Some make more noise than others do that may bother others around you. Having a good grinder with less noise will create a soothing working experience for you and your surrounding people. So make sure you pick one that makes less noise.
You are not going to buy a grinder for one-time use only. The quality of materials, motor, blade, and other parts determine the durability. Consider all those factors to ensure the highest longevity of the machine. Also, these will help you handle tough pressure.
On/off the machine seems easy. But if the switch is not in a convenient position, you may find difficulty turning on and off the grinder. So it is important as well to consider the switch type and position.
Other than these, you can consider handling position, gripping, AMPs, and others if necessary to ensure the best decision-making.
The grinder is an inseparable tool to remove, grind, and finish metal or other materials such as wood or tiles. Finding the best 4 1/2 angle grinder is important to get the job done smoothly. Without a good grinder, getting enough power, flexibility, or comfort is not feasible.
We have portrayed 7 top-rated 4 ½ grinders with their features, pros, and cons. All of them are good from their own respective fields. However, if we have to suggest a few grinders, we will suggest.
These three have some good features that can help you get your job done easily. We believe this article helps you to find the best one to meet your needs.